Yep, covered in egg. Raw egg, hard-boiled egg, and even syrup on the handles. GROSS. I was so mad. The first thing I did was pull out my camera. I guess it is a habit when it comes to people messing with my car. I went inside to ask if they had security cameras at the theater and ended up with a "no" and a roll of paper towels (not much help on frozen egg and syrup, but a nice thought.) I was so frustrated trying to get enough off my windshield to see out that I called my mom to complain, and she convinced me to call the police and file a report, just incase there was some damage I couldn't see in the dark.
Things actually got a bit cooler from that point. I was kinda nervous sitting alone at almost midnight in a dark parkinglot in my already-vandalized car waiting for the police to come, but when the officer came, he was checking my car out and he noticed my BYU-Idaho sticker and told me his wife went there. He was actually a member of my Church! He was in a different branch, but he knew a whole bunch of people I knew. Sometimes Heavenly Father lets you know he loves you in small and simple ways, sending you tender little mercies to remind you he is there and he cares about you... especially when you are having a hard time.
It was nice to get that little boost before heading to the 24-hour self serve carwash and power-washing frozen egg off my car until 1 am. Thank heavens my mom came to help me, it was quite a job.
Eurgh.
No comments:
Post a Comment