Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sunshine on a cloudy day.

Today is such a gloomy and cloudy day, and I am just looking forward to having my brother and niece come over this evening for our weekly family night.
The past two weeks I have spent the day with Aaron and Jordyn doing some really fun stuff and I am now going to commence with the "Aww..." factor and post pictures from those days:

Two weeks ago, on March 10th we went to UNE's Marine Animal Rehab.
Center, where my friend Emily is a marine biologist. We got to see the porpoises and seals.


We also got to help while Emily gave the sea turtles their shots.
I almost fell into the pool when I was trying to fish out the turtles wearing my big boots!
Aaron held the turtles while they got their meds.

Jordyn and a couple other young visitors got to touch them.

We were SO lucky to be able to see a seal released back into the ocean, too!
(Video is in 2 parts because my camera died in the middle.
The audio is crackly because it was windy.)

Jordyn helped make Emily a thank-you card!

_______________________________________________


Last week on March 16th Jordyn requested I join her and Daddy at Chuck E Cheese.


After Chuck E Cheese we also went to Fort Williams
because it was so beautiful outside.
The waves were the most crazy I have ever seen crashing up to the headlight and misting us (which felt great in the warm weather!)
The mist was so crazy it was triggering the (really loud) fog horn!


The kite would not fly (no matter how far and fast Aaron ran)
but we had a ton of fun anyway.
_________________________________________

I love spending time with them so much. My family is great and I am so lucky. :)
My sweet little niece is truly sunshine on a cloudy day, and even brightens up the sunny ones! I am so glad she is a part of my life and I am a part of hers. I can't wait to see her tonight, and have a slumber party with her on Saturday night. I am going to plan some fun stuff to do together and I am sure it will be great!
Love, love,
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment